- Activity 1: Project Management
- Activity 2: Analysis of Port’s capacity (S/D model)
- Activity 3: Risk Assessment
- Activity 4: Implementation Study
- Activity 5: CBA & Social CBA
- Activity 6: Exploitation & Dissemination
Electriport project is consisted of the following activities and deliverables:
Activity 1: Project Management
This activity covers all aspects related to the administrative and financial management of the Action and coordination of the implementation-relation activities.
The expected deliverables of Activity 1 are the following:
- Minutes of the Project Committee, i.e Project Steering Committee (PSC), Technical Committee (TC) and External Advisory Committee (EAC);
- Interim and Final Reports to CINEA
- Management and financial audit reports;
- Payment requests
Activity 2: Analysis of the operational capacity and energy needs
Activity 2, covers the current capacity analysis of the Port of Heraklion. It is based on the collection and the processing of a large volume of data concerning the current port’s operation and aiming to determine the current and the future energy needs of the port.
The expected deliverables of Activity 2, are the following:
- Port’s current and expected operational capacity,
- Current and Future energy needs of the Port of Heraklion,
- Current and Future environmental needs to be tackled
Activity 3: Environmental impact and risk assessment studies
The objective of this Activity is to identify the environmental impacts of the cold-ironing infrastructure at the port of Heraklion, as well as to assess the associated risks in a risk-based design approach. To this end, an environmental assessment will be conducted to identify, estimate and evaluate the environmental impacts of the installation. Subsequently, a risk assessment will be conducted based on the HAZID (Hazard Identification) and HAZOP (Hazard & Operability) methodologies.
The expected deliverables of Activity 3 are the following:
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- HAZID (Hazard identification Study)
- HAZOP (Hazard & Operability)
- Safety & Security Assessment
- Risk Mitigation Plan
Activity 4: Engineering design studies and tender documentation
Activity 4 refers to the detailed configuration, technical studies (Preliminary Design, Master Planning, Electromechanical Studies and Substation Studies) and budgeting, needed for the implementation of the complete “Cold Ironing Installation at the Port of Heraklion”.
The expected deliverables of Activity 4 are the following:
- Preliminary Design of the Installation
- Main Design of the Installation
- Master Planning of the Installation
- Port main grid substations technical upgrade study;
- Cold ironing substation blueprints and specifications;
- Port power grid monitoring and control system architecture.
- Budgeting and time scheduling of the Installation
Activity 5: Cost-Benefit Analysis and Social Cost-Benefit Analysis
Activity 5, covers the elaboration of a Cost-Benefit Analysis (CBA) in order to determine whether the OPS installation at the Port of Heraklion will produce the expected result from an economic, financial, and social perspective (social approach includes also the environmental perspective).
The expected deliverables of Activity 5 are the following:
- Cost-Benefit Analysis;
- Social Cost-Benefit Analysis
Activity 6: Project exploitation and dissemination
Activity 6 aims at informing all stakeholders as well as the general public about the Project, disseminating its results and contributing to the implementation and shaping of national and European environmental policies in the transport sector.
The expected deliverables of Activity 6 are the following:
- Dissemination plan;
- Exploitation plan.